Hi. Thanks for visiting my professional website, which I try to enhance on a regular basis.
My name is Olivier PICARD, living in Belgium. Let me briefly introduce myself.
After a career of 20+ years as IT professional, working in several sectors for different companies, I decided in 2010 to continue my professional activities as a freelance and I launched my own (small) company (OP-Management sprl).
My professional objective is to keep evolving as FREELANCE IT Program Manager, Senior Project Manager or Interim Manager within an IT department, with a preference for running large projects (1+M)
My experience as IT Manager and Program / Project Manager is:
- 20 years of experience with internationalBanks and Insurance companies in various domains (Internet Banking, Payments, SWIFT, Trade Finance, Stock Market, Life and Non-Life Insurances, etc.), 3 years in the Telco & Energysectors and 6 months in the Public Sector (Social Security).
- with 18 years as Program / Project Manager, managing projects up to 10+M€.
- Familiar with the full life cycle of projects (starting from scratch till delivery into production at client's premises).
- Offshoring expertise of large projects; remote teams management
- International project experience in India, France, Netherlands, UK, Germany
- Good oral and written communication including at Top Management level
- Proven soft skills in team motivation, remote team management, etc.
- Used to manage teams with internal and external staff (consultants, remote teams), including activities like recruitment, assessment of staff members, outsourcing of projects.
- Certified Interim Manager (Vlerick Business School)
- Prince2 Practioner certified; PMP (PMI) knowledge; ITIL Foundation certified; basics ofScrum and Agile.
- Fluent in 4 languages (FR, NL, UK, DE).
- Management of transversal IT-projects.
- Experience in different types of IT-platforms.
- Very good experience of Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, PPT, MS-Project, Sharepoint).
But my experience can certainly bring an added value in "non-finance" sectors also.
Highlights: self-governing; result & client driven; reliability towards client/business and upper management; participative management & team spirit; good 360° communication; actual problem solver.
I have different hobbies, including traveling, reading, nature and photography, a hobby changing into a secundary but serious professional activity. You may contact me for knowing more about the services I can provide and see a few samples of my best pictures. :-)
Copyright: Olivier Picard © 2015